Saturday 23 August 2014

NO PIERCINGS, NO TATTOOS, WON’T HAVE KIDS OUTSIDE WEDLOCK – TUFACE’S PROTEGE, DAMMY KRANE

Hypertek records youngest signee and TuFace’s protege, Dammy Krane whose real names are Damilola Johnson, has opened up on his aversion for tattoos and piercings. 

In a recent interview with Punch, the young singer who hit the spotlight in 2012 further revealed he won’t consider having children outside wedlock unlike his boss and mentor, TuFace Idibia now TuBaba. 

When asked how he handles his throngs of female fans and what he think about kids outside holy matrimony, he said, “With the help of God, I am able to handle them. More so, many of them have bad intentions but I don’t flirt. My management handles the girls for me because I am occupied. I don’t think I would want to have a child out of wedlock even though it takes the grace of God. One can’t really plan one’s life, but on my own I don’t think I won’t have a child out of wedlock.” 

On his style of music he had this to say: “I have just come up with my style of music called 21st century Fuji music after finding out that rap is not my thing. There is no competing with Wizkid, Davido and Burna Boy because I see them as motivators. I am not in a hurry to break into their league, that is why I am taking things slow and steady. My style is fuji infused with pop and RnB, largely, as influenced by my mum. She is an event manager and manager to some fuji artistes in the US. I am simply trying to carve a niche for myself. While everyone is trying to break even, they must remember we all can’t be number one.” 

On tattoos and piercings: “Not staying with my mum helped me because my grand-mum disciplined me. That is one of the reasons why I don’t have tattoos and piercings because she will beat me up. Moreover, the same way you can’t scratch a Bentley, I can’t tamper with my body because I am a brand. I can’t take up certain business deals, shows or endorsements targeted at the youth or kids like a kiddies savings account with tatoos all over my body. That is why I call myself a business artiste. I don’t want people to accept me for my tattoos but for my music and my person.”
 
LIKE our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter
Send your press release/articles to: thenezitic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment