Tuesday 22 July 2014

B.I.G, JAY Z WILL ALWAYS BE ‘KINGS OF NEW YORK’ – KENDRICK LAMAR

Compton, California rapper  Kendrick Lamar served as the cover for the August/September issue of  Complex magazine.
During his interview with the magazine, K. Dot talked about his controversial line in Big Sean’s Control where he declared himself the ‘king of New York’. 
“I feel B.I.G. and Jay will always be the King of New York,” K. Dot noted. 
Following the  massive sales of his ‘good kid, m.A.A.d city’ the Lamar spoke on the pressure he felt prior to the album’s release. 
The TDE rapper even recalled receiving a few words of advice from hit-maker, Pharrell Williams prior to the release of good kid, m.A.A.d city, which was released nearly two years ago. 
“I was on the tour bus going back and forth on the text with Pharrell,” K-Dot said “I asked him, ‘You think they gon’ get it?’ And he told me, ‘Don’t ever doubt yourself again. Always be aware but don’t ever mistake your first mind, your input of where your heart is at.’ 
“If I keep focusing on, ‘I need to make something better than good kid,’ it’s going to be just that,” he added. “That’s not challenging yourself. I don’t want to become that person reflecting on what has been done. What I’m doing now is the question. I’m only as good as my last word, my last hook, my last bridge.”

LIKE our Facebook page
Follow us on
Twitter
Send your press release/articles to: thenezitic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment