Saturday 20 August 2016

PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE NOT SPACING THE BIRTH OF MY CHILDREN ENOUGH, DON’T HAVE A DIRECTION FOR THEIR LIVES YET- MERCY

Well known Nollywood actress and mother of 3, Mercy Johnson has said those criticizing her for ‘rushing’ to birth her children her people who do not have direction in life yet. She said she had always dreamed of having four children and when it is time for a woman to get married, she does just that.

Speaking to Punch on the issue and many others, the actress said;

“I feel that when you haven’t gone through life and you don’t have a bearing in life, that’s when you see certain decisions as unreasonable. Most of these people who make these statements have not even realized what they want to do with their lives yet.

“I had planned my life right from when I was growing up. I arranged my life the way I wanted it to go. And that is why even when I was at the peak of my career and marriage came, I grabbed it because I know age keeps going and time waits for no one.
 
“It means that I can have all of my four kids and then still get back to shape and come back to what I love to do. So I am not going to say things like, ‘I don’t want to have kids yet’ or ‘I am not going to get married and I want to keep acting because the young shall always grow’, you are not going to be number one forever. That is why when it is time for you to do something, you do it. Yoruba will always say in their prayers that when the time for a child to talk has come, by the grace of God, she will talk. When it’s time to go to school, he will go to school. That’s what I’m trying to do. I want to define my life in a way my daughter will want to define her own life,” she said.
She further explained how she has been able to joggle her career, motherhood and marriage. 
“I think what has got me this far is placing my decisions on a scale of preference. I love what I do, I adore my husband, I adore my kids, so every time I have to make a decision, I pick which is more important, and I start from there. I understand the home front is more important so I manage my home and create time to do what I have to do. I think that has helped me get this far,” she said.
LIKE our Facebook page 
Follow us on Twitter
Send your advert/placement and  
press release/articles to: thenezitic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment