Friday 9 May 2014

TENNIS: SERENA WILLIAMS PULLS OUT OF MADRID OPEN

World number one Serena Williams, 32, has withdrawn from Madrid Open due to a thigh injury, ahead of a quarter-final showdown against Petra Kvitova.
Williams had played with heavy strapping on her left thigh throughout the week in Madrid, but aims to return at next week's Italian Open.
The American will then defend her title at the French Open, which gets under way in Paris on 25 May.
“I suffered [the injury] during my first-round match,” said Williams.
“I started to feel better but it is important that I have enough time to rest and recover. It's very frustrating. This isn't the way I wanted to end the week.”
“I am planning to play in Rome,”
she added.
“Fortunately, I have a [first-round] bye next week so will have an extra day of rest.”
LIKE our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter 
Send your press release/articles to: thenezitic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment