Wednesday 4 December 2013

SAHEED BALOGUN DENIES SUING EX-WIFE

In response to recent rumours that he took his former wife to court over the use of his name, Nollywood actor, Saheed Balogun, has released a statement denying the reports. The actor said an interview he granted was taken out of context and misused.
In his statement, Saheed said he did not appreciate the false stories circulating and that he would appreciate his private life being left alone.
According to the statement, “If a “news story” begins with the phrase ‘according to unconfirmed reports’ and the affected stakeholders did not confirm such reports, is the story really newsworthy?
“Punch called me about a personal issue (about a previous marriage) that I have no knowledge of. My response to them is the same response I have said times without number to all unconfirmed, untrue and other rubbish stories of the like: I, Saidi Balogun, am focusing on my work. I am married to my work and my work is all I know.
“When I told this to Punch, they at least printed what I said. But, they used a completely different headline that has no basis in fact, which they admitted to themselves via their failed effort to provide evidence or confirmation of the rumour.”
“One “second-hand blogger” not only copied and pasted the story, but added their own elaboration equally as unconfirmed and unrooted in fact as the original article. This unfair, biased, and disgraceful style of the bloggers, who think they are journalists has affected me in the past.
“I premiered ‘You Or I’ on July 7th, 2013 and the same blogger said I was getting married that day. When July 7th came around, countless dignitaries including a Governor and foreign visitors showed the whole world I indeed did a premiere by honouring my invitation.
“Abeg o, as Saidi Balogun, keep my personal life which you know nothing about out of the public eye and concentrate on the work I do that and many credible people respect me for.”

LIKE our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter
Send your press release/articles to: thenezitic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment