Friday 20 December 2013

“I WANTED TO BE A GOALKEEPER” – TORRES

Fernando Torres has admitted he dreamed of becoming a goalkeeper as a youngster but was forced to quit by his mum – after knocking out his teeth making a save.
The Spanish striker played in goal until he was ‘seven or eight’ as he followed in his older brother Ismy’s footsteps.
But after injuring himself during a game of five-a-side, Torres was given an ultimatum by his concerned mum.
Speaking to Weekend Warm-Up on Sky Sports News, Torres said: ‘I wanted to be like him (Ismy), so I start playing as a goalkeeper, until I break my teeth doing a save. And my mother said “you want to play football, no more as a goalkeeper”.

LIKE our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter 
Send your press release/articles to: thenezitic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment