Friday 5 December 2014

WHY KHABIRAT KAFIDIPE IS SCARED OF NIGERIAN MEN

Khabirat Kafidipe is popular as Araparegangan following her role in Tunde Kelani‘s classic movie, Saworoide which saw her acting alongside one of Nigeria’s most celebrated filmmakers today, Kunle Afolayan. 

In a recent interview with Punch, the pretty actress has revealed she is scared of Nigerian men. 

Khabirat, who has also featured in other movies by Tunde Kelani including Agogo Eewo, Arugba and Dazzling Mirage, said: ‘I have seen a lot of things happen around me to believe that men have little regard for women. I think the situation should be the reverse. Men should see women as special creatures to be loved and cared for. Women are very fragile and I don’t think they should be toyed with. I have seen many women get heart-broken by the same men they loved.’ 

Although Khabirat, whose career is believed to have stalled somehow, claims that she has never suffered heartbreak, she said many of her friends have not been so lucky. 

‘I have seen my friends cry bitterly. It makes me sick to listen to them tell painful tales of betrayal and maltreatment in the hands of the men they trusted with their own lives. I talk to a lot of women, young or old, who have suffered similar fates at different times and I get scared each time I hear such stories. There is no woman, though, whose spouse or lover has not cheated at one time or another. But I think the major problem is that many men, especially Nigerian men, do not take the opposite sex and relationships as seriously as women do. That is why many men cheat on their partners at will and don’t give a damn about it.’
 
LIKE our Facebook page
Follow us on Twitter
Send your press release/articles to: thenezitic@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment